Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: OT:My Girl Scout Troop Decorated Rose Parade Floats Today!

  1. #1
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Angry

    Ugh....I am so tired. I just got back from Duarte, CA. (Near Pasadena, CA) after an 8 hour day at one of the Tournament Of Roses Float warehouses.

    What a great experience we had! My girls earned service hours and it was quite a sight to behold seeing those majestic works of art and all that goes in to making a Rose Parade float from "A-Z".

    It is amazing observing all these artisans, volunteers, steel workers, welders, pianters,working in this huge warehouse the size of three football fields in various stages of float building and decorating.

    I took a lot of pictures and will be posting an album later next week; so when you watch the Rose Parade on New Years day; you can say "ahhhh"...that's the float(s) prasnlrd's Girl Scout Troop worked on!

    We go back again on December 28th for another 8 hour day of putting on the live flowers.

    "Girl Scouts Where Girls Grow Stong!!!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] prasnlrd in CA (AND TIRED!!!) [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is so awesome. The girls will be able to feel like such a part of the a wonderful tradition. I can't wait to see the pictures and I'll be watching on New Year's Day.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oooh I love the Rose Parade. I can't wait to see your pictures and the float on TV!

  5. #5
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I'm an adult Girl scout. I help a local troop when I am at home.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How great is that. What a fun project for the troup. Good going mom. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •